Burgers at High Noon Saloon Cast a Long Shadow

Looking for an Awesome Burger? HNS Floor

Last semester I was out looking for an apartment with a friend in Wicker Park. We had high hopes going in but by the end of the tour I was feeling disappointed because the place wasn’t exactly what the ad made it out to be. To make matters worse, I hadn’t eaten in a while so my friend and I stopped by the High Noon Saloon and that’s when the day got a lot better. After having a beer to cool off from the summer heat, we ordered the Renegade Burger and it was the best burger I have eaten in Chicago! McDonald’s? Forget about it! Epic Burger? Doesn’t even come close. High Noon Saloon’s Renegade Burger easily wins.

The burger is a beef patty stuffed with American cheese and seasoned to perfection. In addition to the usual tomato and lettuce, it includes applewood smoked bacon. But what really gives this burger that little extra something is the caramelized balsamic onions. Finally, it is topped off with a fried egg that is cooked just enough so that it melts into burger as you bite in. As a side dish you have your choice of house hand cut fries or chipotle potato salad, but I would suggest going with the fries.

So if you’re near Wicker Park and in the mood for an awesome burger or you’re just having a crummy day, stop by the High Noon Saloon and take a bite out of the Renegade Burger! You won’t regret it!

High Noon Saloon is located @ 1560 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60622 – Check out the menu online!

Hours:
Monday-Friday, 4 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Saturday, 10 a.m. – 3 a.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 2 a.m.

Note: The writer of this article was not compensate in any way by High Noon Saloon.

By Paul Hoxha